Bedford Pilgrim Housing Association is located in the Oxford to Cambridge corridor, BPHA are committed to providing its customers with high quality, value for money services whilst continuing to develop energy efficient, sustainable and affordable housing. They are a leading provider and developer of affordable homes – for rent, sheltered, residential care and shared ownership. BPHA work together with communities – to improve opportunities, independence and quality of life for residents, and to benefit the wider community. BPHA own or manage over 18,500 homes and employ 400 staff.
Type of works
- BPHA’s portfolio of houses and flats.
- Leasehold and general needs
- Sheltered accommodation
- Supported living for the elderly
- Children’s homes
External works includes:
- Cleaning down and repairing UPVC windows,
- Painting the fascia’s and soffits.
- Painting the rendering and doors. Some doors are UPVC and some are painted, mixture of both
- Works to high and medium rise blocks
- Pre paint repairs to fascias, soffits, doors, gates and timber windows
Internal works includes:
- Full redecoration to all the communal areas, staircases, bin stores and corridors in the flats.
- Doors also cleaned down and prepped for painting works.
As part of a collaborative community investment programme, Bell Group, Letchworth worked with bpha to highlight opportunities where donations of time or items can bring benefits to residents. During surveying of future works at Gordon Colling House, it was noted how much the residents used their garden and that some of its furniture could do with a refresh.
Bell Group have also carried out other community investment projects with BPHA, including:
- Painting of lampposts at Princess Street, Bedford
- Support with providing materials and painter to paint grey concrete perimeter wall of scheme in green. Idea is to make the communal garden area a more inviting shared space for the residents to enjoy
- Presentation to residents of recently revitalised x3 benches for sheltered scheme