MHS Homes own and manage more than 8,500 homes. They offer homes for affordable rent, shared ownership and market rent. MHS Homes were formed in 1990 when they acquired the entire housing stock of the then Rochester upon Medway City Council. There are two main subsidiaries of MHS Homes – Heart of Medway Housing Association and MHS Community Charity. They have more than 250 members of staff.
Type of works
Planned maintenance and property reinvestment.
Works to occupied dwellings included:
- renewal of roof coverings
- repair and replacement of existing windows, doors, fascias, soffits, rainwater goods and sanitary pipework
- repairs and renewals to bin stores, garages, sheds, fencing, railings, gates, paths, drives and communal areas, staircases and balconies.
- pointing; brickwork
- external wall finishes
- access to elevations
- repairs and redecorations to communal areas
- minor roofing works and all associated cyclical decorations.
Works were carried out to blocks of flats and two-storey houses, which all remained occupied throughout the contract.
We work closely with MHS Homes not only to deliver an exceptional quality of workmanship but also to provide opportunities to local residents. Organising coffee mornings to help integrate the local community, supporting MHS Homes homeless residents with fundraising to raise awareness and by committing to local initiatives. We also get involved in any community refurbishment projects that we can.