The cyclical programme includes for both individual properties, houses, bungalows, maisonettes etc and for blocks of flats across general needs, leasehold and independent living tenures.
- Accent North West 2615 No General Needs c. 1600 dwellings in blocks
- Accent South 2646 No General Needs c. 2200 dwellings in blocks
Internal and External Redecorations and Repairs to occupied Leasehold and Residential properties. The housing stock consists of modern properties, traditional properties, multi-storey blocks and sheltered accommodation. The substrates to be worked on vary but in the main include UPVc trim, Timber Windows, Timber Doors, Rendered Walls, Traditional Cast Iron Gutters and Downpipes and Painted Fascia’s and Soffit Boarding.
Type of works
The external works will cover the following:
- Pre-paint repairs and redecoration to required standards for external timber window frames, door frames, doors and all other timber elements.
- Pre-paint repairs and redecoration to required standards for external timber fascias and soffits (and any other soffit material that was previously decorated).
- Pre-paint repairs and redecoration to required standards for any stone or concrete cills, lintels or other similar elements incorporated within facades, which have previously been decorated.
- Cleaning down of all upvc elements – windows, doors, frames, cladding, fascias & soffits and cleaning down all self-coloured render. These works will be priced separately as Accent reserves the right to include or exclude them at their discretion.
- Cleaning down all timber cladding and re-painting or re-staining where previously painted or stained.
- Cleaning down and re-painting all previously painted brickwork.
- Brushing down and where previously treated, re-staining all fences and gates (fences to Client side only).
- Brushing down and where previously treated, re-staining all timber garden features and furniture (arches, pagodas, tables, benches etc).
- Pre-paint repairs will be limited to localised repairs and will exclude full replacement of any elements. Any queries in this respect must be raised within the tender period and any clarifications will be issued to all tenderers. Contractors will also be responsible for the removal of all non-licenced asbestos where this is damaged and cannot be maintained as prescribed.
The Internal Works will cover the following:
- The preparation and redecoration of all internal walls and ceilings to lobbies, hallways, stairs, landings and all communal circulation spaces.
- The preparation and redecoration of all shared communal facilities such as kitchens, dining rooms, sitting rooms, bathrooms, showers, w.c.’s etc.
- Works to include where appropriate stripping & replacement of wallpaper.
- In Independent Living Schemes mood boards will be used to identify requirements in specific areas. Contractors will be required to provide additional liaison and to include for meetings with residents within these schemes.